CompressionType = None at a file level

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I was looking at http://yuicompressor.codeplex.com/workitem/9858, and I see that CompressionType = None was added. I have two questions:

1. Was this change made to 1.7.0?
  2. Does this apply at the file level? I want to be able to have multiple JavaScript files concatenated into a single file, but be able to exclude some of the files from being compressed. This comes up a lot for me when I want to put jQuery libraries in, which are already compressed.

I tried the following syntax, but it did not seem to work:

<JavaScriptFiles Include="$(SourceLocation)js\plugins.js">
        <CompressionType>None</CompressionType>
      </JavaScriptFiles>
      <JavaScriptFiles Include="$(SourceLocation)js\script.js">

Thanks,

Josh

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Try <JavaScriptCompressionType>None</JavaScriptCompressionType>

On 13 Apr 2012, at 22:36, jsalwen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I was looking at http://yuicompressor.codeplex.com/workitem/9858, and I see that CompressionType = None was added. I have two questions:

1. Was this change made to 1.7.0?
  2. Does this apply at the file level? I want to be able to have multiple JavaScript files concatenated into a single file, but be able to exclude some of the files from being compressed. This comes up a lot for me when I want to put jQuery libraries in, which are already compressed.

I tried the following syntax, but it did not seem to work:

<JavaScriptFiles Include="$(SourceLocation)js\plugins.js">
        <CompressionType>None</CompressionType>
      </JavaScriptFiles>
      <JavaScriptFiles Include="$(SourceLocation)js\script.js">

Thanks,

Josh

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

It appears to still be processing the files in some way. The line breaks are different and comments are missing. My goals is to simply combine the js/plugins.js file as is into a file with the compressed js/script.js

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2012 at 6:08 AM
Hi,

Please upload the exact script you are using to call the compressor as well as the input and output JavaScript files you are getting, and highlight where the problem is occurring so we can take a look.

Thanks

On 25 Apr 2012, at 23:20, jsalwen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It appears to still be processing the files in some way. The line breaks are different and comments are missing. My goals is to simply combine the js/plugins.js file as is into a file with the compressed js/script.js