YuiCompressor Handler for Asp.Net

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I wrote this awhile back and I've found it really useful on Asp.Net sites that I've worked on since:

I tried to keep it as simple as possible. It works great for concatenating+compressing+caching CSS and JS files.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Hi Dieseltravis,

thanks for dropping by this project and even giving it a go :) One of the main idea's I had when i made the core of the porting-application as a class library, was to have it being used in ways I couldn't envision :) So it's great to see this getting used, in such a way :)

That said .. I'm not sure I understand why you would want to have a handler, instead of doing all of this BEFORE hand. I noticed you're caching the results, which means the 'computation' is only done the first time (which is a good thing). Are you using an ASP.NET Handler because you don't have a build process and/or u don't want to manually use msbuild to create the once of content ... because you're doing a lot of changes (in development)?

I'd love to get an understanding of the scenario's for using an ASP.NET handler :)

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Originally I went with the single handler approach because the ASP.Net project I was working on wasn't being compiled. But I started using it with other projects, even compiled ones, because it was so easy to just drop in the single ASHX files and not have to do any other work integrating it, aside from updating any LINK and SCRIPT tags to use it. It's nice to have the flexibility of being able to just update CSS & JS files without having to build an update an entire solution as well.

Thanks for the awesome class library!

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Kewlies :) i've gotcha now.

Can u submit a patch request for this? it might be handy for some other people. I can't access that git code (from work) so i can't remember what i saw, last time i checked it out.

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hi, I'm unable to use the namespace. My dev machine is 64 bits, I wonder if it has some guilt... Anyway, as I'm developing with Visual Web Developer, I can't compile the source code. 

Any ideas?

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Hello SntsDev  - please start a new discussion topic. This time, can you include steps to reproduce the issue AND the error messages you are getting.

question -> why are you trying to compile the source? Do you wish to make your own changes to the code? if so - great! have fun. Otherwise, you can just download the .dlls.

BTW, I use this on all my machines which are x64 ... and they work totally fine.

So, start a new thread and give us as much information as possible to help debug your situation.