Problem using spaces in directory names

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Hi!

I have downloaded your library today because I need to use it in one of our projects.

I have to use your MSBuild task to compress a set of javascript files that are inside a folder that contains spaces in its name, for example:

<ItemGroup>

<JavaScriptFiles Include="my project folder\scripts\myscript.js" />

</ItemGroup>

but this will generate the following errors:

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Failed to read in the data for the path/file [my]. The most common cause for this is because the path is incorrect or the file name is incorrect ... so please check your path and file names. Until you fix this up, I can't continue... sowwy.

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Could not find file 'D:\work\dev\my'.

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Failed to read in the data for the path/file [project]. The most common cause for this is because the path is incorrect or the file name is incorrect ... so please check your path and file names. Until you fix this up, I can't continue... sowwy.

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Could not find file 'D:\work\dev\project'.

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Failed to read in the data for the path/file [folder\scripts\myscript.js]. The most common cause for this is because the path is incorrect or the file name is incorrect ... so please check your path and file names. Until you fix this up, I can't continue... sowwy.

D:\work\dev\DevBox.build(55,5): error : Could not find file 'D:\work\dev\folder\scripts\myscript.js'.

(more or less :)

I noticed you already know about this problem.

Is there any way to work around this issue?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Hi Ferdulio :) thanks for trying YUICompressor.

please try downloading the code and compiling that. Then use the dll from that newly compiled version. the dll in the DOWNLOAD tab is out of date - I just haven't updated it, yet.

Jun 9, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Great, it works now!

Thanks for the help and thanks for the lib!

:)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us