Iesy.Collections assembly version with NHibernate

May 8, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I know Iesy is about the closest you come to an acceptable collection of collection-classes for .NET 2.0, but when using NHibernate (which also heavily relies on Iesy Collections), there seems to be a bit of a versioning issue.

I have tried to modify the source to include the latest version of Iesy.Collections (1.0.1.0), which compiles and runs just fine.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid having to change the reference?

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2009 at 2:56 AM

TigerShark, did you say you replaced the current version of Iesy.Collections in the YUICompressor project with a more recent version .. and everything worked fine with NHibernate? I'm not using the .NET 2.0 version and I'm not really testing that stuff. That said, if you've said it works (after upgrading) I will update the main code base.

so yeah .. can u tell me how you went?

Jul 3, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Yes. Since the collection interfaces remain unchanged, it was simply a matter of changing the references.

Unfortunately this will be an evergoing process everytime NHibernate changes Iesy. A more reliable approach would be to either a) convert to .NET 3.5 and see which collection classes are available there or b) use a different collection library (C5 is actually very mature - http://www.itu.dk/research/c5/. Others exists also right here on CodePlex).

But to answer your question, I simply opened the solution, changed the referenced assembly to the one I used in NHibernate, recompiled and I was good to go... :)

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Cheers mate :) There is a .NET 3.5 port.. which is what I use .. so i might try updating the reference to the latest (to keep any NHibernate peeps happy). And if anyone complains in the future that it's out of sync, then i can drop a new build in.

thanks mate!!!

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Yeah, but you know, theres a lot of different NHibernate versions, so it'll be an administrative "nightmare" if this will be your approach. However, if I'm the only one complaining about compatibility, then it might not be such a big deal after all...