Encoding Type bug?

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM
I was comparing the .NET 2.0 & 3.5 versions of the Compressor Task class, and noticed an inconsistency where the Encoding Type is set (around line 195).

The .NET 2.0 class sets the encoding to UTF8 when "UTF8" it supplied.  However, the .NET 3.5 version sets it to UTF8 when "" (and empty string) is supplied.  I'm assuming that's a bug, but figured I'd ask before patching.

As a side note while on the issue, I think the Java version accepts "UTF-8" (with a dash) in addition to without a dash.  Finally, it doesn't look like those are case insensitive (so you couldn't provide "utf-8").  If you want, I can make those changes and supply a patch.  Just let me know.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM
that's a bug. i've fixed it now in the last build (which i'll upload the source very soon).

also, i've made the check case INsensitive for that and all other arguments.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 4:30 AM
here's a screenhot of it working, when i've added "es-es" as the Thread Culture.