Could not load file or assembly EcmaScript.NET.modified

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM
I'm trying to get this thing working for my build but can't get past this error:

The "CompressorTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly G:\Projects\GarfieldCounty\Garfield.CO.US.WebMapping\Garfield.CO.US.WebMapping.Website\3rd Party Assemblies\Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'EcmaScript.NET.modified, Version=0.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7d53ba4f537753a5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, and that the assembly and all its dependencies are available.

I've got EcmaScript.NET.modified.dll sitting in the same directory as Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2009 at 10:55 PM
Heya mate.

As far as i know, you are not missing anything. That's what i have -> that EcmaScript.NET.modified.dll in the same directory as the other dll's. In fact, for me .. those are the only two dll's i have, actually.

edit: alternatively, u can always download the source code and compile the enitre solution yourself.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Teleporter, I've posted a new build. maybe try that and see if that helps. Also, what'ts your WebMapping websit you're doing? I do spatial stuff also :)
May 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Hey purekom,

Just now getting back...

Turned out that restarting Visual Studio did the trick.

The web mapping site(s) I did were for a county in Colorado--parcel information and gas/well information.

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I have exactly the same error : 

Error 3 The "CompressorTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly [...]\bin\Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'EcmaScript.NET.modified, Version=0.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7d53ba4f537753a5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

Shouldn't the EcmaScript.NET.modified.dll be referenced the same way Yaho.Yui.Compressor is in the project ? This way, we would be sure that the .dll is copied into the bin folder during the build.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 2:49 AM

@Boris - did u grab the dll's via NuGet? Is the dll in the NuGet package. I might have screwed up the NuGet package.. ??

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Here is the content of the package :

• YUICompressor.NET.1.6.0.0
    • YUICompressor.NET.1.6.0.0
    • lib
      • NET20
        • EcmaScript.NET.modified
        • Iesi.Collections
        • Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.NET20
      • NET35
        • Yahoo.Yui.Compressor

+ When I made a Install via NuGet, the .NET 3.5 dll was automaticaly referenced.

The issue is the configuration of the MSBuild.xml file. If I put the address of my project bin there is no EcmaScript.NET.modified because it was not referenced. If I put the address of the package NET35 dll, same issue (+ I would have to rewrite my configuration after a version update of YUICompressor.NET).

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

yeah.. i confirmed this also a few hours ago :(

looks like i fucked up the nuget pacakge. i'll fix it tomorrow and put a new one in there. In the mean time, if u copy the EcmaScript.NET.modified dll to your bin folder, your stuff should work.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Boris, can u try updating your version via NuGet. For some reason, when I used the NuGet packager .. it keeps dropping the EcmaScript.NET.Modified dll for the .NET35 folder .. unless I remove the .NET20 version. So i nuked the NET20 version from NuGet. If someone lives in the dark ages and is still on NET20 .. they can manually dl it from codeplex :P

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 5:31 AM

@Brois -> any luck, mate?

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hi, I just tried and that's ok now. I still have some issues with my MSBuild task in VS2010 but it seems that I'm not the only one so I will move to this other thread to find answers. Thanks !