License

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:03 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2009 at 7:05 AM
I am developing a commercial free product which helps to optimize websites by minifying JS and CSS. For that I am using modified versions of JSMin (Douglas Crockford) and CSSMinifier (Miron Abramson port of JSMin) which are in the public domain.

The product is also generating javascripts and css files and for minification of that I am using your product .NET port of YUI. I just want to clarify whether I can use your product also if possible can I give a choice to my customers to use JSMin based minification or YUI based minification.

If I include your code will I be violating any licenses or patents. As for the attribution of licenses, I include all the attribution licenses to their respective license holder in my web site as well as when my dll is used it will generate the license file having tha attribution to the respective authors.

Also I would like to know whether it is possible to skip a certain portion of the CSS or JS file by marking it /@ @/. This modification I have implemented in the JSMin and CSSMinifier version to give more flexibility during debugging and also if some part of the JS hits errors.

My Company Name is Arshu and My product is Stream Optimizer

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 3:11 AM
G'day.

This is a link to the YUI Compressor license, which is where the bulk of the product is based upon: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.html

That's a BSD license, so you'll need to make sure you reference them.

Besides that, I don't see what else is wrong. This code is in the public domain. Yeah, good luck with that, though :P

As to your /@ @/ comment/suggestion, i'm not going to be spending any time adding that to this code base. you're more than welcome to download my code, amend it to your hearts desire and try and score a buck out of it.