Error occurs when build my project

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I am using "Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll" to create minified js with help of MSBuild.exe

and I have visual studio 2008 and framework 3.5. But when I try to build my project, I am getting below error.

The "CompressorTask" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5" directory.

FYI, My prebuild event command is,

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe  "E:\minfiedjs\MSBuild\MSBuildSettings.xml"

Please advice.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Hi,

Is the YUI msbuild task assembly in the same directory as the YUICompressor.dll?

It would be helpful if you could send us a "bare bones" zip of a project that exhibits this problem so we can see exactly where you are going astray....

On 19 Jul 2012, at 22:16, gandhis1986 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am using "Yahoo.Yui.Compressor.dll" to create minified js with help of MSBuild.exe

and I have visual studio 2008 and framework 3.5. But when I try to build my project, I am getting below error.

The "CompressorTask" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5" directory.

FYI, My prebuild event command is,

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe "E:\minfiedjs\MSBuild\MSBuildSettings.xml"

Please advice.