Run compressor when main file is saved.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I am wondering if this is possible:

If I were to make changes to a css or js (Edit and save these files in dreamweaver) that is included in the xml of the yui compressor and save it, could it automatically run and create the compressed file by listening to those files if they were changed.

This way us front end developers can edit the css files and not have to ask our .net guys every time we update.

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Hi,

It's not an "out of the box" feature, but you could easily write (or get your .net developers to write) a directory watcher service that will check for modifications and then compress any files that have changed.

Or write a simple batch file that you can call yourself when you have finished modifying your files to call msbuild using your .xml file

Personally when developing, I prefer to leave the files uncompressed so that it's easy to debug if there are any problems in my JavaScript (rare, obviously!), and only minify as part of the build process to release to test servers and beyond...

On 9 Jul 2012, at 17:15, michael_fcc <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am wondering if this is possible:

If I were to make changes to a css or js (Edit and save these files in dreamweaver) that is included in the xml of the yui compressor and save it, could it automatically run and create the compressed file by listening to those files if they were changed.

This way us front end developers can edit the css files and not have to ask our .net guys every time we update.

Thanks