Strong Naming

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Any chance of getting a strong named version of ECMAScript.dll in the package so we can strong name the compressor projects?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Dunno but the latest checked in source embeds ECMAScript.dll in the YUI assembly, so you could grab the source and build a strong named version of that and see if that works.

Can't guarantee it will, but worth a try...

On 6 Jul 2012, at 19:16, ctrippel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Any chance of getting a strong named version of ECMAScript.dll in the package so we can strong name the compressor projects?

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

That's what I would do if I could find the source for the modified ECMAScript.dll.  NuGet does not seem to have any links to the source (all indications are that Pure Krome owns the .dll) so I guess the question would be to to him... unless you can tell me where to get the source.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 7:34 PM
No I meant get the latest yui source and build that - because the ecmascript dll is now embedded in the actual assembly, this may count as strongly named if you strong name the yui dll

On 6 Jul 2012, at 19:27, ctrippel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's what I would do if I could find the source for the modified ECMAScript.dll. NuGet does not seem to have any links to the source (all indications are that Pure Krome owns the .dll) so I guess the question would be to to him... unless you can tell me where to get the source.

Thanks.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I have the latest source (build 78915, July 06, 2012) and while the ECMAScript.dll is now a linked resource, it is still an unsigned reference.

Are you talking about some other 'source'??

Any attempt to sign the compressor project results in a 'Referenced assembly 'ECMAScript.NET' does not have a strong name'. (Visual Studio 2010).

FWIW, the same problem occurs with the IesiCollections assembly, but I am already building / signing NHibernate which includes that source, so at the moment, it is only a minor reference change in the YUI projects.

Most likely i can disassemble ECMAScript.dll and reassemble with a signature, but if the supporting dll's were already strong named in the source package (and perhaps on NuGet) then it would save me (and those that follow) a lot of effort.

Thanks for the quick responses and all of your work on these projects!

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Hi,

That's the version I was referring to, shame it didn't work :(

I'm sure P-K will come up with the goods (a strong named ecma dll) once he wakes up ;)

The source is hosted on GitHub somewhere if you want to root around and build a strong named version yourself.....

On 6 Jul 2012, at 20:14, ctrippel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have the latest source (build 78915, July 06, 2012) and while the ECMAScript.dll is now a linked resource, it is still an unsigned reference.

Any attempt to sign the compressor project results in a 'Referenced assembly 'ECMAScript.NET' does not have a strong name'. (Visual Studio 2010).

FWIW, the same problem occurs with the IesiCollections assembly, but I am already building / signing NHibernate which includes that source, so at the moment, it is only a minor reference change in the YUI projects.

Most likely i can disassemble ECMAScript.dll and reassemble with a signature, but if the supporting dll's were already strong named in the source package (and perhaps on NuGet) then it would save me (and those that follow) a lot of effort.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Ah yes, here it is:

On 6 Jul 2012, at 20:35, Tony Butler <tony.butler@me.com> wrote:

Hi,

That's the version I was referring to, shame it didn't work :(

I'm sure P-K will come up with the goods (a strong named ecma dll) once he wakes up ;)

The source is hosted on GitHub somewhere if you want to root around and build a strong named version yourself.....

On 6 Jul 2012, at 20:14, ctrippel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have the latest source (build 78915, July 06, 2012) and while the ECMAScript.dll is now a linked resource, it is still an unsigned reference.

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM

That's it!  Built and Signed.  All is good in the world!

Thanks for the help!

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Cool, glad to be of service...

On 6 Jul 2012, at 20:54, ctrippel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's it! Built and Signed. All is good in the world!

Thanks for the help!